Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage is no longer only available in luxury clubs ad spurs. It has become a vital activity, and it is now offered in clinics and hospitals as a therapy. Medical research has shown that massage therapy has a lot of health benefits when it comes to relieving pain and relaxing the body. There are different types of massage which come with various benefits, and they include;
Sports massage therapy
This kind of massage is best for athletes. It focuses on the areas of the body that are overused and stressed due to the repetitive and aggressive movements. It enhances motion and flexibility since as athletes train, it could lead to muscle rigidity. Sports massage can help relax the muscles. More healthy benefits of sports massage are;
- Quickens recovery - The massage increases blood and lymph fluid flow thus increasing the body’s natural healing process
- Increases supply of oxygen and nutrients - Due to the increased blood flow, it leads to better circulation of oxygen and nutrients which are vital for healthy living.
- Reduces pain - Body pain is as a result of overworked muscles which is unhealthy. Massage helps to relieve this type of pain.
It is a massage that involves mostly rubbing the muscles with long strokes in the direction of returning blood to the heart. Its health benefits are;
- Decreases muscles toxins
- Increases the level of oxygen in the blood
- Improves blood circulation
- Enhances flexibility and reduces tension
Trigger point massage therapy
It involves the tight areas within the muscles which lead to pain in the other body parts. It is meant to alleviate the source of pain through the cycles of simultaneous pressure and release. The recipient should breathe deeply and help in locating the exact point of discomfort. Its main health benefit is relieving muscle pain. It also enhances blood circulation to all parts of the body, thus improving better oxygen and nutrients flow.
Deep tissue massage
This type of massage is similar to the Swedish, massage, apart from the deeper pressure which is beneficial for realizing muscle tension. It focuses on the fascia, tendons and deepest layers of muscle tissues. It helps in increasing blood flow, thus better oxygen circulation to the muscles.
These are just a few of the many benefits of massage therapy. Make an appointment with Advanced Therapeutic Massage located in Pullman, WA and experience the magical feeling.